New techniques are constantly being introduced for better skincare. From drinking apple cider vinegar to getting blood facials, they seem to be getting more and more intriguing.
I’m sure you’ve seen the newest trend all over Instagram and on beauty blogger sites: crystal facial rollers.
Crystal facial rollers are made from precious stones such as jade, rose quartz and amethyst. These massage tools are being touted as a must-have for better, healthier skin.
It may seem like a fad, but facial rollers have been around for centuries. You can not only improve your skin, but you can also get all the benefits of the stone they are made from. (If you are into that sort of thing. If not, they are just plain pretty.)
How to Use a Crystal Facial Roller
Using a facial roller is very simple. First, apply an all-natural oil or serum to your face. Then, starting at the center of your face, sweep the roller out and up.
For example, you can start at the middle of your chin and roll upward to your left cheek a few times. Then repeat going to the right.
Massage all around your face for three to five minutes. You can also use it under your chin and on your neck.
Pro tip: A crystal roller will naturally be cool to the touch. However, leaving it in the fridge to chill will increase its ability to reduce puffiness. This is great for those mornings when your eyes need some extra help.
Benefits of Using a Crystal Facial Roller
When you use a crystal facial roller as part of your skincare routine, you’ll start to see some amazing results. Facial rollers specifically help to:
- Improve blood circulation
- Stimulate lymphatic system
- Detox the skin
- Decrease puffiness, especially under your eyes
- Tighten your skin
- Improve elasticity
- Better absorb facial oils, serums and lotions
- Reduce appearance of wrinkles
- Give a youthful glow
The difference with using a crystal facial roller is that the benefits can differ slightly, based on the kind of stone the rollers are made from. Check out the metaphysical properties:
- Jade – A very calming stone that promotes wisdom, balance and peace. It helps soothe irritated skin, prompts lymphatic drainage and boosts skin elasticity.
- Rose Quartz – Promotes love of others and, more importantly, yourself. Lets your inner beauty shine.
- Clear Quartz – All-encompassing stone that’s good for moving blocked energy. It stimulates the immune system and helps improve vibrational energy levels.
- Amethyst – Powerful and protective. Can help balance moods, improve spiritual awareness, improve neural function and cleanse your energy.
You can use the roller as needed but most claim that you get the most benefits from using it on a daily basis. Incorporating it into your skincare routine, especially for use at night can do wonders for your skin.
Which One is the Best?
When you seek out a crystal facial roller, you’ll quickly notice the variety of price tags. Jade is usually the cheapest, but don’t get the least expensive one you can find. Many places sell dyed glass under the guise of being real crystals. Make sure you do your research.
Have you used a crystal facial roller? Did you like it? What did you experience or notice? Let me know in the comments.