Healthy skincare is no joke
If I’ve said this once, I have said it too many times: you need to go organic with your skincare products.
When you step out of your home, you are exposed to numerous trace amounts of toxins in the air. And the amount of toxins and pollution is ever-increasing.
Chemical Exposure on a Daily Basis
We are also coming into contact with more chemicals every day. These are present in the products that we use. From the creams and lotions that we apply to our skin to the face washes, soaps and shampoos that we use, each product has different chemicals that are not always great for our health.
Big Cosmo — the products you can easily find in every Target and Walgreens throughout the country — can stuff their skincare with almost anything and everything. If it’s just a little bit of chemicals to get big results, what’s the harm in that?
While these chemicals can be found in trace amounts, think about using them every day, sometimes multiple times a day. Building upon the trace amounts, a person can easily end up causing serious harm to their body in more ways than one.
The Data Doesn’t Lie
The problem lies in the fact that many people just don’t believe the truth regarding the chemical poisoning one is slowly experiencing. Are you one of those people? I have some cold hard facts for you. They are derived from a survey conducted by EWG on a total of 2,300 people:
- On average, adults (women and men) use a total of 9 different personal hygiene products. These 9 products can contain a total of 126 chemicals that one person is exposed to on a daily basis.
- A quarter of adults use 15 different personal products, which increase the amount of chemicals they are exposed to compared to the average user.
- On a daily basis, a total of 12.2 million people are exposed to chemicals that are known to be carcinogenic in nature.
- Almost 4.3 million women are exposed to toxins and carcinogenic chemicals in their personal care products, which are then directly linked to fertility problems, reproductive cancer and developmental harm to the fetus.
- The seven deadly toxins — hydroquinone, 1,4-dioxane, ethylene dioxide, formaldehyde, PAHs, acrylamide and nitrosamines are present in common products and are known to be highly carcinogenic.
This data doesn’t take the presence of phthalates into account, which are present in a total of three-quarters of personal care products — including fragrances — that are used every day.
What’s the Best Solution?
If you’re feeling panicked, don’t worry. The simple solution here is to reach for products made with 100% natural ingredients. Without any carcinogenic chemicals, toxins or other harmful ingredients, all-natural skincare works on not only detoxing the body of the chemical buildup, but they also help your skin and body stay healthy, inside and out.
With the help of the right natural products, you don’t have to worry about unintentionally causing severe damage or harm to yourself. Even if nothing feels wrong at the moment, it is a good idea to make the switch instead of waiting around for things to build up.