Infrared saunas are an effective tool for natural healing and prevention. Infrared light has the ability to penetrate human tissue, which in turn produces a host of anti-aging health benefits. This makes infrared saunas one of the “hottest” home therapies for overall healthier living. If you want to get yourself back into balance, a Sunlighten infrared sauna may be the ticket to achieving your wellness goals.
My family and I have an mPulse Discover sauna at home and we absolutely love it. It’s a 4-person unit from Sunlighten so it’s big enough for all of us to fit in it… or big enough for some “me time” and yoga stretches.
If you’re confused as to how an infrared sauna works, let’s break it down.
Infrared and Your Body
Because infrared sauna therapy heats the body directly rather than simply warming the air, it raises the core body temperature and produces a deep, detoxifying sweat at the cellular level, where most toxins reside. In addition, far infrared saunas aid in blood pressure reduction & weight loss, burning up to 600 calories in one session!
Sunlighten’s far infrared technology, Solocarbon®, is the only infrared sauna heater on the market clinically shown to raise core temperature nearly 3 degrees. What does this mean for your health? You will experience the most detoxifying sweat, lower systolic and diastolic blood pressure, and aid in weight loss through waistline reduction.
The most advanced infrared therapy available is Solocarbon 3-in-1 infrared treatments. The infrared spectrum consists of near (NIR), mid (MIR), and far (FIR) waves, each with distinct characteristics and health benefits. Sunlighten offers all three peak wavelengths for the maximum therapeutic results.
- Detox: Sweating is the body’s safe and natural way to heal and stay healthy. Far infrared sauna use causes a rise in core temperature, resulting in a deep, detoxifying sweat at the cellular level, where toxins reside.
- Lower Blood Pressure: Infrared saunas induce a deep sweat to make the heart pump faster, which in turn increases blood flow, lowers blood pressure and helps circulation. Only Sunlighten saunas are backed by clinical research that shows a reduction in systolic and diastolic blood pressure. Both are key factors in maintaining a healthy heart.
- Anti-Aging: Near infrared saunas provide the most effective wavelength for healing the epidermis and dermis layers of the skin, stimulating collagen production to reduce wrinkles and improve overall skin tone.
- Cell Health: Near infrared sauna therapy stimulates the circulatory system and more fully oxygenates the body’s cells. Better blood circulation means more toxins flow from the cellular level to the skin’s surface to improve cell health, aid in muscle recovery and strengthen the immune system.
- Weight Loss: Studies have shown that a far infrared sauna therapy session can burn upwards of 600 calories while you relax! As the body works to cool itself, there is a substantial increase in heart rate, cardiac output and metabolic rate, causing the body to burn more calories. In fact, a 2009 study showed Sunlighten far infrared therapy to lower weight and waist circumference in just a three-month period.
- Relieve Pain: Infrared heat penetrates tissue, joints and muscles to relieve anything from minor aches and pains to chronic pain conditions such as fibromyalgia, and speeds up recovery time. A 2013 study conducted at the Auburn University at Montgomery showed that Sunlighten 3-in-1 treatments can increase flexibility up to 3x.
- Improve Circulation: Sunlighten sauna treatments are like giving your body a passive cardiovascular workout. Heating the muscles with infrared rays produces an increase in blood flow similar to that seen during exercise. Regular infrared sauna use can significantly stimulate blood flow up to twice the normal rate.
- Heal Wounds: Near infrared therapy greatly enhances the skin’s healing process by promoting faster cell regeneration and human tissue growth.